Big news leaked out this week about Porsche testing few full electric Boxster version. Porsche Boxster E will be plug in electric car with matching performance of Boxster S, but without sip of fuel.
According to sources car will develop equal to 180kW, all from 2 electric engines running the rear wheels. Knowing how rapid is accelartion of electric engines, this will be match to Boxster S at least. Expected is around 5.3 seconds for 0 -100. The prototype has a 29-kW battery pack providing about 100 miles per charge. As heavy batteries will be low positioned inside body, better road holding can be expected too.
Porsche Boxter is already amazing value sport roadster, but in new Boxster E version it will appeal even more to busy city professionals who want to prove their environment care too. This is just another step for Porsche after revealing gorgeous Porsche 918 Spyder recently.
More Electric and Hybrid Sport Cars:
- Nissan Esflow – Plug in Electric Sport Car – The New Soul of Japanese Z sport cars
- EXCLUSIVE! Porsche 918 RSR Hybrid revealed – Super Sport Car – images and videos from the 2011 Detroit Motor Show
- Porsche 929 hybrid to debut on 2011 Detroit Auto Show – is this production ready Porsche 918 Spyder?
- Porsche Panamera Plug-in Hybrid on the way too
- Dream to drive – 911 GT3 hybrid
- Porsche 918 Spyder – end of the game