Famous all-time favorite, best selling affordable sport car made to all electric version. Porsche Boxster E is recently revealed electric plug-in two seat cabriolet.
Porsche Boxster E is powered by tow electric motors, one on each axis. Together that is healthy 180 kilowatts – enough to match performance on Porsche Boxster S – sporty petrol brother. Top speed of 124 miles per hour with acceleration of 0 – 60 miles in 5.5 seconds. AWD system is added for security and improved road holding. Range is 107 miles on full charge – enough for usual daily commute. but charging on standard socket can take up to 9 hours. Enough for a good night sleep or shift on work.
Great move for Porsche, supported by German Governmental grant to make electric car reality. And since Tesla announced end of Roadster production later this year – there is a real case for this car to become top seller and another addition to success of sport car masters Porsche. German precision made it again!
More Electric and Hybrid Sport Cars:
- Porsche Boxster E – Porsche breeding cool electric sport car based on Boxster S
- Electric sport car E-Wolf E2 – electric growl from the Germans supercar
- Electric sport car from the German corner – Artega SE revealed on the 2011 Geneva Motor Show
- Porsche electric supercar 918 Spyder goes on sale in September 2013 for only $845,000
- Porsche 929 hybrid to debut on 2011 Detroit Auto Show – is this production ready Porsche 918 Spyder?
- The Exagon Furtive eGT – exciting electric sport car packed with French sex – the perfect match?