I hope that after reading hundreds of articles on our website – you are totally convinced that electric powered engine are the future of not only motoring, but performance cars too.
If you are not 110% sure, here is another example for you. Amazing 1981 Chevrolet Camaro powered purely by electric engine done quarter mile in just 10.08 seconds at 127mph (204.5km/h). Team behind this jewel is Haiyin EV Racing. Unfortunately they missed on the electric car drag world record which is currently held by ‘Black Current’. Volkswagen Beetle that run quarter mile in a 9.51-second. So they you are – old cars, refurbished to ground eating, 10-sec drag-racing supercars. Need more proof? Well, keep reading our blog.
I am big fan of conversion. Take big old Merz and make ti run on biodiesel. Great. Take old Camaro and make electric rocket out of it? Awesome! Great news is we have new entry into drifting by All Electric Drift Car. Car purposely made to explore electric power for drifting. Now we are waiting on new dedicated drag racing electric car. And I will buy sunglasses, sit in the first row and enjoy the show.
And enjoy video from our friends at PerformanceDrive
More Electric and Hybrid Sport Cars:
- 320 mph – The fastest electric car in the World – the Buckeye Bullet
- Racing Green Endurance electric supercar – amazing project!
- Electric DIY BMW Supercar – Croatian Mate Rimac and VST conversion created green monster
- Porsche Boxster E – Porsche breeding cool electric sport car based on Boxster S
- The Exagon Furtive eGT – exciting electric sport car packed with French sex – the perfect match?
- The Peugeot 908 Hybrid4 – The Fastest Hybrid Race Car in the World!