More than year ago we wrote about wonderful Lotus Evora 414E. Now Lotus was ready to show the full power of Evora 414E at headquarters in Northfolk. 1000 Nm of torque screamed with happiness through tarmac of test track – check video below.
Lotus Evora 414E is hybrid sport car based on great petrol-powered Evora. But 414E is driven by two electric motors, one for each of the rear wheels. Battery pack can propeller car for the 30 miles and then the range extender will kick in to bring it to 300 miles on one charge. The range extending engine will have option of gasoline or biofuels, with only 3 cylinders to keep Evora 414E at 55 g of CO2 / km emissions. Of course Lotus kept Evora 414E to it’s pure sport car breed with 130 MPH speed and 4 seconds 0-100 km/h sprint. Great addition is 7-speed paddle shift gear-snifter.
All above numbers are mind blowing. Lotus brought us another supercar – this time in pure electric green love and – it’s look wonderful. Evora is definitely one of the most beautiful cars on the road. Seeing it as a amazing hybrid is just another plus for Lotus.
More Electric and Hybrid Sport Cars:
- Lotus Evora revisions – Hybrid Evora coming in October 2011
- Stunning beauty from the Lotus corner – Evora 414E Hybrid
- Small and sporty jewel in the uprising hybrid World – Lotus Elite Hybrid
- Nissan Esflow – Plug in Electric Sport Car – The New Soul of Japanese Z sport cars
- Porsche Boxster E – popular cabrio sport car in updated all-electric version
- Varley evR450 – Amazing Australian Electric Sport Car Soon To Be Available For Sale