I am sure you thought Tesla Roadster is a fast car. But the Buckeye Bullet is a bit faster. And still fully electric. Electric supercar was built by Ohio State University’s Center for Auto Research. Tested at the Bonneville Salt Flats, Buckeye Bullet averaged 307.7 mph miles per hour. And reached top speed of 320 mph. You remember those skeptics that said that electric car can not be fast. I am sure this the end of discussion.
“In order to get high speed, you need sleek aerodynamics so you’re not holding the car back,” said AC Propulsion’s Joshua Allan. “You need high power so it can cut through the wind.”
That’s just what Ohio State wants for the Venturi Buckeye Bullet 3, designed to exceed 400 mph when it debuts in 2012. They are not alone, as Don Wales, a descendant of British speed racer Sir Malcolm Campbell intend to rach 500 mph in his Bluebird Electric. Proud descendant of famous Bluebird car that beat the World record. He told the Global Herald he’ll try for the record in 2013. That not far and we are ready. Hit it the Buckeye Bullet. Hit it Bluebird Electric. We are waiting.
More Electric and Hybrid Sport Cars:
- The Peugeot 908 Hybrid4 – The Fastest Hybrid Race Car in the World!
- Rimac Automobili Concept One – 800kW electric supercar storms through the sport car industry
- Kids, 155 mph electric superbus is here! Dutch made electric superbus to rock Dubai’s roads!
- Electric sport car E-Wolf E2 – electric growl from the Germans supercar
- The Protoscar Lampo3 – big numbers and funky targa body for Swiss made electric sport car
- Electric Monster from UK garage